How to Create an SEO Friendly Homepage for Your Website
There are a multitude of reasons why a website should have an SEO friendly homepage, and a colorful, informative and engaging one that makes good use of competitive keywords and backlinks, can help push your SEO rankings up, and nudge you ahead of your competitors.
When customers turn to popular search engines like Google and Bing to help them find what they’re looking for, the only way they’ll find your business, is if you’ve made effective use of the appropriate keywords for your target audience. Search engine optimization is essential for the success of any modern business, and if you want to build your company brand and attract customers, you need to maximize SEO. Here are a few tips for doing exactly that:
1. Check your SEO Friendly Homepage loading speed
Even with a perfectly designed and highly informative homepage, if it takes too long to load, visitors won’t wait around, and will simply take their custom elsewhere. Here are a few things that can help your homepages loading speed –
- Upgrade to a faster server from a reliable host.
- Optimize images by using photo editing software, or, use an image optimizer to compress the size of the
- Check the tools on your website for advice on how to improve your loading
2. Evaluate your content
The content of the homepage gives visitors to your website an idea about what product you’re selling, or the service that you’re offering, and generally includes the following:
- Details about the company and links to the internal pages of the
- eCommerce stores to advertise the latest products,
- Offers and links to the product
- The latest blog posts and featured
For homepage style, you should ensure that:
- There is both text and images
- Content includes your chosen target keywords
- There is good use of headlines and bullet points to make the content easy for search engines to pick up
- You keep the homepage clutter-free and only display content that is useful and engaging, without being
3. Optimize your homepage title and headings
Optimize the potential of your homepage with the use of creative titles and headings that blend keywords with business information and give users a clear idea about the focus of your website on their very first visit.
Some key points to remember when doing this are –
- The title should not exceed 60 characters
- Add keywords that accurately represent your business, but don’t add them all into one title or heading
- Use only one H1 tag for your
Pro Tip: If you notice more than one H1 tag on your homepage, ask a professional website developer to remove them. By only having one H1 tag, you can help the search engine index and conform to World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) guidelines.
4. Make effective use visuals – images, videos, infographics
It has long been proven that people respond better to visual-centric data compared to written content, so it’s vital that your homepage contains appropriate images, videos, and infographics data to help visitors understand your business better. However, it’s recommended to use images in conjunction with small blocks of text, to help add a little more detail for potential customers.
5. Your SEO Friendly Homepage meta description
The meta description outlines brief details about a web page and can help users find your business by directing them to your website from the SERP. Vital to the success of any website, a descriptive and accurate meta description that includes your target keywords.
6. Internal Linking
An integral part of SEO, internal links that are relevant to a business can be found in the footer menu at the bottom of a website, and helps visitors explore what a business has to offer. These can make your homepage more SEO friendly, but be sure to keep them uncluttered.
7. Make good use of calls-to-action
A call-to-action, or CTA, is another effective strategy for optimizing your homepage’s potential. It can quickly guide visitors towards performing necessary actions and ideally, going on to become a customer. By having clear, concise and action-oriented CTA buttons on your homepage, you can help encourage visitors to take the next step towards the sales funnel. These can range from ‘click here’, ‘demo’ and ‘subscribe’ to ‘sign up’ buttons. If you’re active in social media (which you really should be!), you can add a CTA for Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and add ‘follow’ and ‘share’ social media icons to the header or footer of the page.
8. Offer social proof
One way of giving your product or service legitimacy, is to use social proof, such as displaying positive customer testimonials or reviews on your homepage. This is also a great way of including text to help improve your search engine rankings.
9. Add a clear and recognizable logo
Your company logo is an instrumental part of the homepage and serves to help highlight your brand. For that reason, it should be prominently positioned in the upper left corner of the SEO Friendly Homepage. where it can be easily seen and easily recognizable when compared to other brands selling the same product or service.
10. Make your SEO Friendly Homepage design simple but effective
Lastly, but by no means least, your websites homepage design should be kept simple and informative, while being easy for visitors to understand. Think carefully about your font, color choices, spacing, and SEO-friendly buttons, and try to use responsive web design that supports all platforms.
By using the above optimization methods, there is no reason why your homepage can’t become more creative, attractive and functional, while maximizing its SEO potential.